Home / Tag Archives: FoRB (page 2)

Tag Archives: FoRB

Buddhist Youth Leader Lê Công Cầu goes on hunger strike to protest ban on visiting critically-ill UBCV leader Thích Quảng Độ

PARIS, 15h May 2017 (VCHR) – The Vietnam Committee on Human Rights (VCHR) strongly protests the inhumane attitude of the Vietnamese government regarding Most Venerable Thích Quảng Độ, 89 year-old Patriarch of the Unified Buddhist Church of Vietnam (UBCV). According to reports received from the UBCV, Thích Quảng Độ, who …

Read More »
Đại lão Hoà thượng Thích Quảng Độ trước toà án Nhân dân TP Hồ Chí Minh năm 1995 để lãnh án 5 năm tù giam và 3 năm quản chế vì « tội » đi cứu trợ đồng bào bị lũ lụt ở đồng bằng Sông Cửu Long

VCHR regrets that US State Department’s Human Rights Report fails to raise the case of Buddhist monk Thích Quảng Độ

PARIS, 9th March 2017 (VCHR) – The Vietnam Committee on Human Rights (VCHR) welcomes the US State Department’s 2016 Country Reports on Human Rights Practices released on 3rd March 2017. The report’s 58-page chapter on Vietnam makes a severe appraisal of the human rights situation, documenting widespread abuses and “severe …

Read More »

Opening Remarks by Võ Văn Ái, Conference on Religious Freedom in Vietnam: Its Importance for Regional and Global Security (12 September 2016)

Opening Remarks Hudson Institute, Center for Religious Freedom September 12, 2016   Distinguished Guests, Dear Friends, and for my Compatriots may I say Kính bạch Chư Tôn đức, kính chào Quý đồng bào, đồng hương I am very happy to welcome you to this extraordinary Conference today. For me, it …

Read More »

U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom places Vietnam on blacklist for violations of freedom of religion or belief

PARIS, 2 May 2016 (VCHR) – For the sixteenth consecutive year, since 2001, Vietnam is on a blacklist of countries singled out by the US Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) for “systematic, ongoing and egregious violations” of freedom of religion or belief. USCIRF recommends that Vietnam be designated …

Read More »

Civicus : Intolerance of civil society in Vietnam: An interview with Penelope Faulkner from the Vietnam Committee on Human Rights

Vice-President of the Vietnam Committee on Human Rights (VCHR), Penelope Faulkner, speaks to CIVICUS about the current challenges faced by civil society in Vietnam and the role of international solidarity networks in supporting the creation of a safe and enabling environment for human rights defenders. 1) Over the past …

Read More »