Home / Tag Archives: Vo Van Ai

Tag Archives: Vo Van Ai

Oral Statement by Vo Van Ai, President of the Vietnam Committee on Human Rights (VCHR) before the United Nations’ Human Rights Committee (Palais Wilson, Geneva, 11March 2019)

Mr. President, Distinguished Experts, Thank you for giving the Vietnam Committee on Human Rights the opportunity to testify today. Exactly 17 years ago, I was here in this same room, at the review of Vietnam’s second periodic report on the ICCPR. I raised my serious human rights concerns in an …

Read More »

Opening Remarks by Võ Văn Ái, Conference on Religious Freedom in Vietnam: Its Importance for Regional and Global Security (12 September 2016)

Opening Remarks Hudson Institute, Center for Religious Freedom September 12, 2016   Distinguished Guests, Dear Friends, and for my Compatriots may I say Kính bạch Chư Tôn đức, kính chào Quý đồng bào, đồng hương I am very happy to welcome you to this extraordinary Conference today. For me, it …

Read More »

The Thai authorities prevent a press conference on human rights in Vietnam
Debating Vietnam’s human rights record under its ASEAN Chairmanship is more than ever impossible

PARIS, 12 September 2010 (FIDH & VCHR) – The Foreign Correspondents’ Club of Thailand (FCCT) announced today that it has been under pressure by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs to cancel a press conference on human rights in Vietnam, organized by the International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) and …

Read More »

Vo Van Ai receives 2006 Rafto Prize in Bergen, Norway on behalf of Buddhist dissident Venerable Thich Quang Do

PARIS, 6 November 2006 (BIIB) – The Rafto Foundation in Bergen, Norway, awarded the 20th 2006 Professor Thorolf Rafto Memorial Prize to Venerable Thich Quang Do, Deputy leader of the outlawed Unified Buddhist Church of Vietnam (UBCV) “for his personal courage and perseverance through three decades of peaceful opposition against …

Read More »